I’m Hannah — a writer and Creative Writing professor from Pennsylvania. I am devoted to the transformative process of writing and committed to helping others connect with their creativity.
With a background in teaching and student success, I am passionate about collaboration and maximizing potential. As a CRLA certified writing tutor since 2012, a success coach since 2016, and a writing professor since 2017, I have developed methods to help other creators to reach their goals and enjoy the process along the way.
When I’m not writing or watching Netflix, I can be found hiking trails with my husband Daniel, finishing my MFA at the University of Tampa, or snuggled up with a good book and my boxer Big Boy.
Instructor of Creative Writing
- Designed, developed, and taught courses such as English Composition, Creative Writing, and Advanced Fiction and Nonfiction
- Developed assignments and designed course materials in digital, print, and video format
- Planned, organized, and executed annual Expressions Creative Writing conference making data-informed decisions and developing relationships and connections with local authors, artists, and donors
- Served as creative coach for writing students and community members
January 2015-July 2016
- Managed and ensured efficient day to day function of the college
- Assisted the Compass Career office as the Career Coach for the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Coached or referred students in regards to their future careers
Academic Success Coordinator
July 2016-June 2018
- Hired, trained, and managed tutoring staff
- Developed, launched, and facilitated hybrid training course to streamline tutor training following CRLA guidelines
- Designed and wrote copy for marketing and instructional materials in alignment with center branding
- Served as Academic Success Coach for student athletes and at-risk students
- Created curriculum and taught weekly Academic Success Workshops
Lead Tutor (English)
September 2012-December 2014
- Facilitated over 160 hours of tutoring
- Trained new hires and developed and taught training workshops
- Arranged and led classroom presentations about the learning center
- Reached the mastery level of CRLA tutor certification
“Blue Spot” in Chaleur Magazine
When Lily’s anxiety manifests as a growing blue spot on her skin, she tries everything to get it to go away.
In this interview, I discuss how to use your humanities degree to get a job in a learning center!
Words have power in “Rumination” as one woman’s writing brings a tree to life.
Let’s work together!